We have a student volunteer intake at the beginning of Semesters One and Two.
We have just finished recruiting for Semester 2, 2017.
We are seeking accountancy student volunteers who:
- Will be in their second or third year of accounting at Massey University or University College of Learning (UCOL), Palmerston North.
- Have good grades in the accounting papers they have completed.
- Have a good standard of written and spoken English.
- Want an opportunity to develop their interpersonal and accounting skills using real clients.
- Are reliable, able to follow instructions and willing to learn.
- Can work in teams.
What is required?
Interested students must attend a brief interview and training at the start of the semester.
Students need to:
- Be available for an entire semester, and preferably both Semester One and Two of the academic year, excluding exam time.
- Have enough time to commit – approximately 2 hours per week over semester.
- Attend training and meetings during the semester.
- Conduct themselves in a professional manner consistent with the Code of Ethics of the New Zealand Institute of Chartered Accountants (NZICA).
- Follow our Policies and Systems.
What we can offer?
Selected student volunteers will be provided with:
- The opportunity to apply and develop their accounting knowledge and skills with real clients, training and support in client interviewing, etc.
- Insight into the diverse community and social services sector in Palmerston North and not-for-profit accounting generally.
- Opportunities to meet local Chartered Accountants.
- A great volunteer experience to include in their CV or LinkedIn profile.